GAF – Gender Alternatives Foundation
A network of 7 lawyers (5 women and 2 men), 2 psychologists, 2 social workers, 2 philologists – all of us involved in the implementation of projects for protection and empowerment of women and girls.
- We specialize in working with the Bulgarian legislation on violence against women and girls, and discrimination as well as in the use of the regional and international instruments for human rights protection such as the ECHR, CEDAW, ICCPR, EU law.
- Conducting legal, social, economic and other kinds of research, studies, publications, and monitoring in order to keep and promote the human rights and the standards of equality;
- Drafting proposals for amendments in the Bulgarian legislation concerning human rights, freedom from discrimination and equality of men and women in all spheres of life;
- Elaborating, organizing and accomplishing projects related to gender issues;
- Organizing round tables, seminars and other forms of discussions on the issues of gender and human rights;
- Working out a program for gender research and education;